How to learn everything about computers

Awadh Jamal (Ajakai)
By -
0








First of all, don't let yourself get overwhelmed; start instead with a core concept of a coder mindset: divide-and-conquer, ie: tackle a big problem fragmenting it into smaller sub-problems.

Or, in other word, don't stop yourself once you see that huge mountain, but climb up one step after another. Once on the top, you will probably see much higher mountains, but that is ok: you are here, you will have better legs, stamina and path-finding skills.

That said, whenever is possible, try to get a mentor. A good one is one that does not spoon-feed you the solutions, but gives you the right tips and keeps you challenged in what you are doing, without limiting or guiding too much what you are going to do next.

I didn't get one, I guess that being prideful even by Italian standards didn't help, and that was my biggest short-coming as an autodidact coder.

But I somehow managed to get at least virtual ones with the right courses and classes: I wrote about my personal selection of free online learning resources and I think you could find some good inspiration there, if not follow the same path.

Start simple, prepare for unavoidable frustration (CS is hard and if you don't get any... Well, then you are doing it too slow and/or too easy) and never stop craving to learn more.

I started easy, with Code Cademy very simple courses (ok: back then, they weren't that simple to me), then gradually moved one. One step at a time, up to now. And while I can't even remotely think that I did, I can now pick my next steps in fields I didn't even know existed.

And this alone would be already worth all the efforts I put into it :)

If you are ready to get in your life a lot of what I call the 4 Ps (passion, perseverance, patience and practice), then nothing will stop you.
Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !